The Cement Masons and Plasterers Trust Funds was established to provide medical, retirement, and individual account benefits for their eligible members and their dependents through the collective bargaining process.
This site provides general benefit information, forms and other Trust related items. Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Glossary of Terms can be reviewed here.
American Rescue Plan – COBRA Subsidies
Effective April 1, 2021, employees (and their dependents) who lose coverage or who have lost coverage in the past 18 months due to an involuntary termination of employment or reduction in hours may be eligible for up to six months of free (fully subsidized) COBRA coverage (for the months of April 2021 – September 2021). For more information regarding ARP premium assistance and eligibility questions, visit:
For an application form, please click here.
Temporary Plan Changes due to COVID-19
Effective March 1, 2020, the Board of Trustees has adopted the following changes to the Plan’s Medical Benefits:
The following changes will stay in effect until the COVID-19 emergency orders are lifted:
- COVID-19 Testing – Medically necessary, FDA approved diagnostic testing for COVID-19 is covered by the Plan and is not subject to deductibles and coinsurance. Additionally, when a COVID-19 vaccine is available, it will also be covered by the Plan and will not be subject to deductibles and coinsurance.
The following changes to the Plan have term dates and will be extended as needed:
- Inpatient Hospitalizations – The Plan will waive your deductibles and coinsurance for COVID-19 treatment at an in-network facility through June 30, 2021.
- Providence Hospital – Due to COVID-19, Providence Hospital in Anchorage will temporarily be considered an in-network facility from April 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. During this period, if you receive services at Providence instead of Alaska Regional Hospital, the non-PPO penalties will not apply. Note: In most cases, the cost of services at Alaska Regional Hospital will be better than the cost of services at Providence. Alaska Regional Hospital remains the lowest cost option for you and the for the health plan.
- Coverage of Dental Personal Protective Equipment – The Plan will cover up to $20 per visit for Dental Personal Protective Equipment through June 30, 2021.
- Telemedicine Service – Effective March 1, 2020, the Trust will cover medically necessary services provided by a physician or other Covered Provider via telephone or video conferencing through June 30, 2021. Benefits will subject to the Plan’s applicable copays, deductibles and coinsurance based on the type of service being provide. In addition to this temporary extension of telehealth, Active participants, COBRA participants, non-Medicare retirees, and their eligible dependents have access to Teladoc for 24/7 care via telephone at 1 (800) 835-2362 or video chat at no cost to you. Please visit Teladoc.com for more details.
September 2020 - Teladoc Behavioral Health Benefit
The Cement Masons and Plasterers Health and Welfare Trust has added behavioral health to the Teladoc benefit. Please see the flyers below for more information.
March 2020 - COVID-19 Update
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and in the interest of keeping the community and our staff as safe and healthy as possible, all WPAS offices (Mercer Island, Gladstone, Anchorage, Spokane) will be closed for walk-in services effective March 17, 2020. WPAS will only be conducting business via phone, email, or fax. If you need to bring documentation or information to the office, there are drop boxes available at each of our office locations. Contact information can be found here: Contact Info and Important Contacts.
March 2020 - COVID-19 Information from Teladoc
For more information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Teladoc, please see the below flyer.
December 1, 2019 - Teladoc Benefit
All Active, COBRA, and non-Medicare Retiree participants in the Cement Masons and Plasterers Health and Welfare Plan are eligible to use Teladoc. Teladoc provides 24/7 access to a board certified, licensed family practice doctor or pediatrician via phone or video. For more information and to register for Teladoc on or after December 1, 2019, please go to https://member.teladoc.com/aetna and the Member Registration Packet below.
October 2019 - BridgeHealth Planned Surgery Program
Effective September 1, 2019, the Trust has contracted with BridgeHealth to provide non-Medicare eligible participants with access to high quality providers across the United States who perform certain surgeries.
To obtain more information about this benefit, contact BridgeHealth at (800) 680-1366 and identify yourself as a participant in the Cement Masons and Plasterers Health and Welfare Plan or go online at www.BridgeHealthMedical.com.
A Note from the Board of Trustees
November 17, 2012
Members of OP&CMIA Locals’ 528 & 77 participate in the Cement Masons and Plasterers Retirement Trust.
This plan is a joint Labor-Management, Taft Hartley, Defined Benefit Plan administered by a third party administrator (WPAS, Inc.).
Your local union Business Manager may answer general questions regarding your Retirement and Health & Welfare Plans.
However, the only party authorized by the Board of Trustees to answer questions regarding benefits from the Cement Masons and Plasterers Retirement Trust is the Contract Administration Agent, Welfare & Pension Administration Service, Inc. (WPAS, Inc.). No employer or local union, nor any representative of any employer or union, is authorized to interpret these Plans nor can such person act as an agent of the Board of Trustees to guarantee benefit payments.
All questions concerning retirement plan or health & welfare plan benefit interpretations should be referred to the Trust’s Administration office. Telephone contact with the Administration office does not guarantee eligibility for benefits or benefit payments. Eligibility for benefits and benefit payments will be determined only when a claim is submitted to the Trust on the appropriate claim forms.
If you have any questions please contact the Administration Office.